您的瀏覽器不支援JavaScript功能,若網頁功能無法正常使用時,請開啟瀏覽器JavaScript狀態
雙語、雙語資料庫、雙語國家、雙語政策、雙語資源、雙語網站、英文、英語
:::

DWI/DUI Checkpoint  酒測

Conversation 主題會話

Lillian: Thank you for stopping. We're conducting RBT. Did you drink any alcoholic beverages before you hit the road?

謝謝你停下來。我們在執行酒測臨檢。你上路前有喝任何含酒精的飲料嗎?


Alex: No, I don't think so.

沒有。


Lillian: Have you had any food like chicken cooked in rice wine or taken cough syrup within the last fifteen minutes?

你十五分鐘前有吃燒酒雞或服用感冒糖漿嗎?


Alex: Not that I know of.

就我所知,應該沒有。


Lillian: To play it safe, you may rinse your mouth before the test.

安全起見,你可以先漱口。


Alex: Good idea. I'll do that.

好主意,遵命。


Lillian: This is a breathalyzer. Now keep your hands down at your side. I want you to blow, hard and hard, into the port. Blow, blow, blow, blow…. OK. And it shows a reading of 0.00. Good. You were not drunk driving.

這是酒測器。現在,請把手放兩旁,對著吹嘴用力吹氣。吹,再吹… 好,酒測值為0。很好,你沒酒駕。


Alex: What happens when a motorcyclist fails a test?

騎機車酒測沒過會怎樣?


Lillian: Basically, the vehicle will be impounded and the driver's license suspended for one year. Depending on the test results, those with a BAC of 0.25 milligrams per liter or above face a criminal prosecution, and those between 0.15 and 0.24 milligrams per liter, only face a fine of NT$15000.

基本上車子會被吊扣,駕照會被吊銷一年。視酒測結果而定,酒測值0.25 或以上會遭刑事起訴,酒測值介於0.15 到 0.24之間則罰鍰新臺幣15000 元。


Alex: I'm glad I've been sober for six months.

還好我已經半年沒喝酒了。


Lillian: Just don't drive drunk! Well, here's the form for you to sign. Thank you for your cooperation again. Have a safe trip home!

別酒駕就是了。好了,麻煩在這單子上簽名。再次謝謝您的合作,祝您平安回家。


Alex: Thank you. I will.

謝謝,我會的。

Vocabulary 主題字彙

year-end party

年終尾牙


sobriety checkpoint

酒測臨檢站


DWI (Driving While Intoxicated)

酒駕


DUI (Driving Under Influence)

酒駕


drunk driving

酒駕


drive drunk

酒駕


conduct

執行


RBT (Random Breath Testing)

酒測臨檢


alcoholic beverage

含酒精飲料


hit the road

出發上路


cough syrup

感冒糖漿


Not that I know of

就我所知,沒有


chicken cooked in rice wine

燒酒雞

文章提供機關 Drafting authority:臺南市政府
:::
上捲