:::
網站導覽 Site Map 字體-小 字體-一般 字體-大
小選單開關

災害防治 Natural Disasters Prevention and Treatment

Conversation 主題會話

Mary: Did you feel the earthquake last night?
你昨天晚上有感覺到地震嗎?

Tom: Yes. It actually woke me up.
有啊,我昨晚被搖醒了。

Mary: Yeah, it happened at about 10 o'clock in the morning.
對啊,好像是晚上10點發生的。

Tom: The epicenter seemed to be very close to Tainan city.
震央似乎很靠近臺南市。

Mary: No wonder. I felt like my building seemed to shift to the right, and then shift right back again.
難怪我覺得我那棟大樓左右搖晃。

Tom: Me, too. It lasted about 30 seconds and then it was gone.
我也是,好像持續大約30秒。

Mary: But then after a minute, there were some aftershocks, right?
但是不到幾分鐘之後又有餘震了,對吧?

Tom: Yes. I was so scared.
對啊,我那時候很害怕。

Mary: There have been a lot of earthquakes recently. We should all be prepared for them.
最近有很多地震,我們應該做點準備。

Tom: Yes, we should. But do you know how?
對啊,但是你知道怎麼做嗎?

Mary: Indeed, I just got some information about earthquake preparedness on the internet.
當然,我剛從網路上找到一些防震資訊。

Tom: Please tell me.
請告訴我。

Mary: We should prepare a flashlight, candles, cellphone batteries, and power banks in case of blackouts.
萬一斷電,我們要準備手電筒、蠟燭、手機電池還有行動電源。

Tom: What should we do when we are experiencing an earthquake at home?
我們如果在家裡遇到地震,應該怎麼辦?

Mary: In most situations, you will be able to reduce your chance of injury if you do the following. You should be on your hands and knees, cover your head and neck with one arm and hand, and hold on until the shaking stops.
大多情況下,遵守下列事項就能減少受傷的機率:蹲下來並用手保護頭頸直到地震停止。

Tom: What should we do after the earthquake?
地震之後我們要做什麼?

Mary: Once the earthquake stops, make sure that the gas and the power at home are switched off, go to the designated place to wait for your family, and then call 1991 to check the safety of your family. Keep safe, and follow the instructions of the staff.
地震停止後,確認瓦斯及屋內總電源是關閉的,到指定的疏散地點等待家人,並且撥打1991確認家人安全。確保自身安全並遵循救難人員的指示。

Tom: Thanks for your information. It is very useful. I will keep it in mind.
謝謝你的資訊,非常有用。我會牢牢記住的。

Vocabulary 主題字彙

epicenter
震央

aftershock
餘震

indeed
事實上

preparedness
防備

blackout
停電

reduce
減低

injury
受傷

switch off
關掉
Facebook Instagram Line Youtube 開關